Day 1 : NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Darjeeling (75 kms / 3 hrs)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Darjeeling (6,950 ft.). On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 2 : Darjeeling Sightseeing
Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill (8,400 ft.) to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha (28,208 ft. Worlds 3rd highest peak), on your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. After breakfast visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Evening free for shopping or leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 3 : Mirik Excursion (49 kms / 2 hrs one way)
After breakfast full day excursion trip to Mirik Lake (4,902 ft.) via Indo-Nepal Border (Extra vehicle charges will be applicable for Nepal Border to Pasupati Market). Mirik is famous for its man-made Sumendu Lake, Cardamom plantations and Tea Estates. (One can do Boating on direct payment basis in lake).In evening return to the hotel. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 4 : Darjeeling – Gangtok (100 kms / 4 hrs)
After breakfast proceeds to picturesque drive to Gangtok (5,500 ft.). On arrival check-in to your hotel. Rest of the day free for leisure. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 5 : Gangtok Local Sightseeing
Start for a Full day city tour covering Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Flower show, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Dro-dul Chorten, Enchey Monastery & Banjakhri Falls (maximum 6 hours).Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 6 : Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
After breakfast start for an excursion to Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft.) & Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.) which is 55 kms one way from Gangtok city. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 7 : Gangtok – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (120 kms / 5 hrs)
After breakfast Check-out from hotel on time and take the departure transfers to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
- Child Below 5 yrs. Is complimentary but in Lachung & Lachen 4 – 5 yrs. child is chargeable.
- Child 5 -10 yrs. without extra bed /rollaway mattress as mention in cost column CNB (Child no Bed)
- Child 5 -10 yrs. with extra bed / rollaway mattress as mention in cost column CWB (Child with Bed)
- Above 10 yrs. Child will be treated as extra adult with an extra bed sharing in same room.
- We provide exclusive vehicles in our packages.
- Non a/c Indica/Wagon R/Alto for 1-3 Pax including child.
- Non a/c Sumo / Max for 4-8 Pax including child.
- Innova/Scorpio/Xylo for 6 Pax including child.
- Gangtok city tour is done only by Maruti Van/Indica/Wagon R (4 Pax in a car).
- If guest are booked for luxury vehicle, Innova/Scorpio/Xylo will be provided as per availability.
- Only 06 heads are allowed in 1 Innova/Scorpio/Xylo including child. In case the number of heads traveling increases, than the guest will have to take another vehicle.
- In one Sumo/Max only 08 heads are allowed including child. If the number of heads traveling is more than 08, then guest will have to take another vehicle.
- Transfer from Bagdogra/NJP railway station will be provided from 06:00 hrs. To 16:00 hrs.
- All hill destinations are 3 to 5 hrs. drive from station or airport. So, we do not recommend traveling in inadequate day light.
- In unavoidable circumstances the guest may have to stay back at Siliguri at an additional cost.
- If there is any late arrival at NJP railway station, we suggest the guest, considering their safety that they should stay back at the station. Our representative will meet and arrange their transfers at 6:00 a.m.
- Keeping in mind the road condition of any hilly region, the guest should decide upon themselves (with their train and flight timings) as to when they should start the departure transfer. We suggest a buffer time of 2 hours at least.
- All transfers from Gangtok / Pelling / Darjeeling to onward destinations will be provided either in morning from 07:00 a.m. to 08:00 a.m. or in afternoon from 01:00 p.m. to 02:00 p.m.
- In case the guest is opting for Innova/Scorpio/Xylo inform the guest to travel with minimum baggage of one piece per person. In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this will be borne by guest directly.
For Luxury Vehicles
Please note that this Luxury Vehicle (Scorpio / Xylo) will be provided to the guest for the complete tour. The vehicle changes every day/Sector wise & will be on contract as per the itinerary. This vehicle is not on disposal. Also while opting for Luxury Vehicle please informs the guest to travel light with minimum baggage of one piece per person. In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this will be directly paid by the guest on the spot. Maximum 06 Heads (Including adult & children) will be allowed in a Scorpio / Xylo. Maximum 08 Heads (Including adult & children) are allowed in Non Ac Tata Sumo / Similar. AC of this luxury vehicle will only operate in plain & not in hills.
As per Motor Vehicle Act capacity of an INNOVA is 06 pax including Adult or Child. Also while opting for INNOVA please travel light with minimum baggage of one piece per person. However for comfortable & safe traveling it is advisable to fit in 04 to 05 adult in an Innova.
ON Disposal Vehicle
In case Innova/scorpio/xylo are booked on disposal it will be available strictly between 9 AM to 6 PM only within city limit and local use basis. Car on disposal rate will not be applicable on the day of interstate city transfers Like Sikkim to West Bengal or vice versa. For any day excursion like Nathula / Chardham / Mirik / Yuksum car on disposal rate will not be applicable.
The above quotes are based on Non Ac Tata Sumo's / Mahindra Maxx / Wagon R / Indica. You must be aware that when a guest is traveling in a Non Ac Tata Sumo's / Mahindra Maxx / Wagon R / Indica the vehicle changes every day/Sector wise & will be on contract as per the itinerary. This vehicle is not on disposal. These vehicles cannot drop the guest, to the hotel (Government rule) and will have to leave the guest, at the Taxi Stand. From the Taxi stand, the guest are shifted into local Taxi (Maruti Van / Wagon R maximum 4 pax in a vehicle) and then transferred to their respective hotels. Again the day they are going to Lachung, Lachen or Tshangu Lake and Nathula, they have to be transfer, by local Taxi, to a different stand and then get shifted into their vehicle which is a NAC Tata Sumo / Mahindra Maxx. The same exercise is vice-versa, on their return from Lachung, Lachen or Tshangu Lake and Nathula. This Taxi fare is already included into the packages price quoted. Guest may have to wait for the taxi transfer
Due to vehicle-parking difficulty, most of the areas are restricted to entry of vehicle & specific time is allotted for entries. Kindly follow the time strictly as given to you. In case of delays the vehicle will have to leave the hotel area without you & get parked in a parking area. In such a case, you will have to be transferred in a Maruti Van FOR WHICH THE COST WILL HAVE TO BE BORNE BY GUEST.
Due to specified time, your transfer vehicle for your next connecting destination may not be allowed to enter the hotel area. Under such circumstances you will be transferred from stand to the hotel or vice versa, in a local taxi ( Maruti Vans) for which the driver of your connecting vehicle will make the payment. Depending upon the situation the FHE may request you to make the payment which will be reimbursed to you immediately at the next station.
- Check-in 14:00 hrs. / Check-out time is 12:00 hrs.
- The tourism infrastructure in Sikkim & Darjeeling is not very developed and one should not expect or compare it with the standards of plains & other developed destinations there is always scarcity of water and power in the region and so you would come across situation like water (hot) being supplied on time basis – morning & evening.
- Room Heater available with an extra cost Bourne by the guest directly (Except at Premium+, Premium & Luxury categories)
- Category of Rooms in the packages normally remains to base category of rooms.
- A valid photo ID proof for all guests staying at the hotel is mandatory.
- For Extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible), but most of the hotels only provide extra mattress or roll away bed. Most of the hotels have no provision of an extra bed.
- Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising with any services.
- In the area almost all the hotels do not have a lift facility and in all the hotels the guest will have to climb stairs. In case if any guest is having problem of blood pressure, knee or other ailment for which they cannot climb the higher floors they will have to intimate us during the time of booking so that we can try to arrange rooms at the lowest possible floor of the hotel enabling the guest to climb the minimum number of stairs.
Important Facts for Traveller’s:
North Sikkim (Lachung- Lachen)
- All the packages start from Gangtok & ends at Gangtok.
- Guest Traveling to North Sikkim (Lachung & Lachen) requires 02 copies of passport size photograph, original photo ID proof with photo copy (identity card – Voter ID card / Pass-port / Driving License /) for processing the permit. PAN Card / Aadhar Card are not acceptable for issuance of the Permit.
- Packages are available with all meals at hotel only (on the way meals if any, Guest has to pay their own).
- Child below 10yrs is not allowed to visit Gurudongmar Lake.
- Hotels available are only with basic amenities & simple food cooked by the locals and not by hotel Chef.
- In maximum hotels there is no geyser in the bathroom – hot water is supplied by buckets by the hotelier.
- No room heating systems are provided in the room in maximum hotels due to shortage of power, instead the hotelier provides hot water bags.
- There are telephone lines but due to cable fault and weak signal, it is often out of order. Airtel, Vodafone & BSNL operates better in this area.
- Due to shortage of power the guest sometimes, may have to bear with candle light.
- Once the package is booked & confirmed no refund will be entertained.
- The best season for traveling to North Sikkim is Mid February to Mid-June & Mid-September to Mid-December.
- Due to winter season (heavy snow) vehicle will be able to drive till Snow point on the way to Yumthang Valley.
- Excursion to Zero point (Yumesamdong) is kept optional which the guest can avail with an extra cost. Approx. cost is Rs. 3,000 per vehicle.
- Nathula visit is subject to availability of permit & road condition. Only limited permits are issued by the Sikkim Tourism Department before 24 hrs. of tour (OR on the day of tour depends on road condition) to those travel agencies registered with Sikkim Tourism Department on Rotation basis. It is closed on Mon & Tue. NAME, ADDRESS, AGE & GENDER i.e. naming list of all guests traveling are required for processing of permit. Normally organizing permit at the eleventh hour is not possible, minimum time required is 72 hours before the arrival to apply the permit with all documents. We will try our best, but in case of non-availability of permit, the tour will only be till Baba Mandir. In case the permit is available one can opt for the trip with an extra charge approx. Rs. 5,500/- per vehicle.
- It is mandatory that guest should carry photo proof identity card such as Voter Id / Passport / Driving Licence and passport size photograph. (PAN Card & Aadhar Card are not considered as a valid ID proof). For above 05 yrs. child School ID card is valid.
- As permit is mandatory and very limited number of permit are issued per day for visiting Nathula, Guest have to travel by any car whichever is available (like Innova/Xylo/Scorpio-Maxx/Bolero/Sumo) as per permit issued. We cannot give any choice on Vehicle type. This is to inform you that in order to control and send more tourists to Nathula pass, the department of tourism after consulting with travel agents laid down the following rules :-
- In case of less than 6 people from one travel agent the department generally club small number with another travel agent’s small number of tourists just for 4 km up and down before Nathula pass.
- The Indian Army allows visiting Nathula from 11:00AM to 12:30PM only .Guest have to start early from Gangtok. If guest makes delay in starting ex Gangtok we cannot guarantee the visit in spite of having confirmed permit.
- In high season limited permit will be issued by authorities. We will try to get the permit but if we will not get the permit then we will refund the supplement amount after end of the tour.
- Please note if Nathula pass permit not done due to weather conditions / Land slide / any other reason than we will refund the supplement amount after end of the tour.
- Also note that if Nathula Pass permit is issued and due to any other reason they can’t visit Nathula Pass then we are unable to refund anything.
Basic personal items to be carried include, feather jacket & heavy woolens during winter and light woolens during summer, walking boots, rain proof jacket during monsoon, torch, spare batteries, water flask, cold cream, personal medicines & Sunglasses.
Advice guest to bring heavy woolens if traveling to Lachung/North Sikkim as this area is cold throughout the year.